Thursday, November 8, 2012

Please, Don't Leave Me!



For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 
Hebrews 13:5

Please, Don't Leave Me by Pink is one of my favorite songs. One line says, " I always say, how I  don't need you, but its always gonna come right back to this, please don't leave me". How many times have we said this to someone? or felt this way about an object of our affection that we want to desperately keep in our lives? At the core of all of us is a desire to be loved and accepted. And, we spend our lives in pursuit of this happiness. This pursuit can lead us to feeling tired, frustrated, and discouraged. Why? because we are looking through tainted glasses of  fear, hurt, betrayal, abandonment, and desperation. We are looking for love in all the wrong places. How do we know where the right place is? How can we attain the love we desire? In God, all we need is in Him. He has to become the object of our pursuit.  As we accept Him into our lives and make Him number one we make room for love. This process is easy: Love God, Love Yourself, Love Others! And it must happen in that order for us to experience healthy, thriving relationships. The truth is he never leaves us, we leave Him by our shame, guilt, disobedience, and rebellion. So, now  when I sing the chorus of this song I think, I can't do it without you LORD! "Please, Please don't leave me!" And I find great comfort knowing that His word says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment